CHARLESTON, W.Va. — There is still time for journalists around the state can to register for the 2015 West Virginia AP “Legislative Lookahead” on Jan. 12 at Charleston Newspapers.
Virginia, Washington, DC. Maryland, West Virginia ad Delaware, with assistance from Marshall University, Charleston Newspapers and the West Virginia Press Association.
9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. – Municipal Issues. Moderator John McCabe of The Intelligencer.
• Charleston Mayor Danny Jones
• Sen. Brooks McCabe, Democrat
• Economist John Deskins, Director of the West Virginia University Bureau of Business and Economic Research
• Wheeling Mayor Andy McKenzie
• Blair Taylor, Executive Director of the West Virginia Municipal Pensions Oversight Board
10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. – FOIA. Moderator Rob Byers of The Charleston Gazette.
• Don Smith, Executive Director of the West Virginia Press Association
• Pat McGinley, West Virginia University Law Professor
• Del. Tim Armstead, House Minority Leader
11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Lunch. Presenter: Bob Kiss, Cabinet Secretary of the Department of Revenue
1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. – Water Quality. Moderator Beth Vorhees of West Virginia Public Radio
• Nasandra Wright, Environmental Health Director of the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department
• Angie Rosser, Executive Director of the WV Rivers Coalition
• Corky DeMarco, Executive Director of the WV Oil and Gas Association
2:30 to 3:30 p.m. – GOP Takeover. Moderator, Heather Goodwin Henline, publisher of The Inter-Mountain.
• Sen. Mike Hall, Republican, Senate Minority Leader
• Sen. Clark Barnes, Republican, House Minority Whip
• Sen. Bill Cole, Republican
• Sen. Jeff Kessler, Democrat, outgoing Senate president