Ohio moves to simplify appeals for public records

An editorial from The Herald-Dispatch

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. — In West Virginia, a member of the public who believes he or she was wrongly denied access to a government record has only one recourse to challenge the decision. And that is to go to court.

But filing a complaint in circuit court can be expensive if the complainant feels an attorney is needed as well as time-consuming. Just the prospect of pursuing legal action can discourage many people from seeking this recourse.

In Ohio, however, officials are launching a program that appears to provide a less daunting option…

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

And get our latest content in your inbox

Invalid email address