FAIRMONT, W.Va. — Representatives from the U.S. Treasury’s State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) program, along with a host of West Virginia-based organizations, will host “A Conversation About Rural Entrepreneurship” on today and Wednesday (Oct. 18-19) in Fairmont.
Media are encouraged to attend. The event begins at 11:30 am on Tuesday, Oct. 18 and concludes at 1:30 pm on Wednesday, Oct. 19. It will be held at the Robert H. Mollohan Research Center (1000 Galliher Drive, Fairmont WV 26554).
Representatives of USDA, the Appalachian Regional Commission, the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department will address ways to build community capacity and strengthen economic growth in West Virginia and the region.
Topics to be covered include: Bringing ARC’s Mission to Life in Rural Appalachia, National Trends and Policy Outlook, Understanding the Small Business Landscape, State Presentations on Rural Entrepreneurship, among others.
- David Rixter, Outreach Manager, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Jeff Stout, Director, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Ray Daffner, Director, Entrepreneurship Programming, Appalachian Regional Commission
- Jen Giovannitti, Regional Community Development Manager, Federal Reserve Bank-Richmond
- Imagene Harris, NetWork Kansas, Manager of Economics and Operations
- Doug Lynott, Director, Office of Economic Development Integration, US EDA
- Cristina Bernado, Senior Advisor to Administrator Samuel Rikkers, USDA
- Bobby Lewis, West Virginia State Director, USDA
- Lisa Sharp, Business Program Director and Rural Development Coordinator, USDA
- Dr. Melissa Kramer, Office of Policy, Office of Sustainable Communities, US EPA
- George Murray, Deputy District Director, West Virginia District Office, US SBA
- Steve Hedrick, President and CEO, Mid‐Atlantic Technology, Research and Innovation Center
- Jason Rittenberg, Membership and Development Director, State Science Technology Institute
Joining the U.S. Treasury Department in sponsoring this event are the West Virginia Jobs Investment Trust, the INNOVA Commercialization Group, TechConnect West Virginia, Marshall University, the WVU LaunchLab and the BrickStreet Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at WVU.
For additional information, contact Anne Barth at 444-2918.