MEDIA ADVISORY: 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Oct. 27, 2016
HEALTHY HEART SUMMIT – Charleston, W.Va.
Senator Joe Manchin III to offer keynote remarks
WHAT: Participate in this half-day program organized by the Charleston coalition of the Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) with local and state community leaders, federal speakers, a local cardiologist. We will discuss the importance of heart health and eating at least two servings of seafood per week, as recommended by the USDA/HHS Dietary Guidelines. West Virginia senior Senator Joe Manchin III will offer keynote remarks.
- Sen. Joe Manchin
- Linda Cornish, Executive Director, Seafood Nutrition Partnership
- Tom Brenna, Ph.D., SNP Board Member, Cornell University professor and USDA/HHS Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee
- Bruce W. Adkins, Director, Office of Community Health Systems and Health Promotion, West Virginia Bureau for Public Health
- Tania Babar, M.D., CAMC Cardiologist and SNP Science Advisor
- Andrew Richardson, Charleston City Council
Thursday, Oct. 27 — 9:00 – 11:30 AM EDT
Auditorium of the Charleston Campus, WVU Health Sciences Center
3110 MacCorkle Avenue, S.E., Charleston, WV 25304
- Jonathan Kott, Communications Director for U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin III, (202) 228-5575 [email protected]
- Mike Fulton, Seafood Nutrition Partnership, (301) 651-2508 (cell) [email protected]
Interviews and photo opportunities will be available on-site.
About Seafood Nutrition Partnership
Seafood Nutrition Partnership (SNP) is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit whose mission is to inspire a healthier America through partnerships that raise awareness about the essential nutritional benefits of eating seafood. SNP leads education efforts to help Americans gain the skills to select, order and prepare fish and shellfish, and to inspire a healthier America by promoting a nutrient-rich diet that includes seafood and omega-3s. In October 2015, SNP launched a three-year national public health education campaign that now includes eight U.S. cities. For more information, visit www.snpCharleston.com. Hashtag is #Seafood2xWkCRW