CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Here are the totals from the West Virginia Health and Human Resources website as of 10 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 14.
West Virginia Cases
Total Positive Cases – 32,792
Current Active Cases – 9,141
Total Lab Results reported – 911,868
Cumulative positive test percentage – 3.20
Daily Percent Positive – 5.93
Total Deaths – 574
After 13,138 more tests, the number of new positive cases is up 1,153 cases from the 31,639 cases reported at 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 13, 2020.
To see charts on active cases, recovered cases, hospitalization, county breakdowns and other data, visit https://dhhr.wv.gov/Pages/default.aspx
The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) is the official reporting agency for COVID-19, which in turn provides official case numbers to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Medical providers and laboratories are required to report positive test results to DHHR. The data in the daily reports include all known positive cases but underreports the total number of individuals tested as not all laboratories are able to electronically submit negative test results.
COVID-19 Daily Update
The WV DHHR has confirmed the deaths of a 71-year old male from Berkeley County, an 87-year old male from Summers County, a 61-year old male from Greenbrier County, a 77-year old male from Wayne County, an 80-year old female from Marshall County, an 83-year old female from Barbour County, an 86-year old female from Kanawha County, a 57-year old male from Kanawha County, and a 91-year old male from Cabell County.
“As we continue the fight against this pandemic, we are devastated by the loss of more West Virginians,” said Bill J. Crouch, DHHR Cabinet Secretary. “The families of these residents are in our thoughts.”
CASES PER COUNTY:Barbour (258), Berkeley (2,162), Boone (501), Braxton (92), Brooke (359), Cabell (2,087), Calhoun (43), Clay (94), Doddridge (86), Fayette (942), Gilmer (174), Grant (229), Greenbrier (298), Hampshire (202), Hancock (356), Hardy (144), Harrison (853), Jackson (505), Jefferson (907), Kanawha (4,604), Lewis (192), Lincoln (337), Logan (901), Marion (566), Marshall (747), Mason (234), McDowell (276), Mercer (1,024), Mineral (539), Mingo (815), Monongalia (2,706), Monroe (289), Morgan (204), Nicholas (248), Ohio (965), Pendleton (83), Pleasants (55), Pocahontas (80), Preston (321), Putnam (1,332), Raleigh (1,092), Randolph (535), Ritchie (88), Roane (130), Summers (201), Taylor (216), Tucker (74), Tyler (105), Upshur (350), Wayne (778), Webster (44), Wetzel (314), Wirt (65), Wood (1,495), Wyoming (495).
Please note that delays may be experienced with the reporting of information from the local health department to DHHR. As case surveillance continues at the local health department level, it may reveal that those tested in a certain county may not be a resident of that county, or even the state as an individual in question may have crossed the state border to be tested. Such is the case of Calhoun County in this report.
Please visit the dashboard located at www.coronavirus.wv.gov for more information.
Free COVID-19 testing is available today in Barbour, Berkeley, Fayette, Jackson, Jefferson, Logan, Marshall, Mineral, Mingo, Ohio, Preston, Putnam, Randolph, Tyler, Wayne, and Wyoming counties.
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Myers Clinic, 3 Health Care Drive, Philippi, WV
- 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Martinsburg High School, 701 South Queen Street, Martinsburg, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Hill High School, 350 W. Oyler Avenue, Oak Hill, WV
- 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM, Roane Jackson Technical Center, 9450 Spencer Road, Leroy, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Jackson County Armory, 8832 Point Pleasant Road, Millwood, WV
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Shepherd University, 164 University Drive, Shepherdstown, WV
- 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM, Jefferson County Health Department, 1948 Wiltshire Road, Kearneysville, WV
- 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM, Washington High School, 300 Washington Patriot Drive, Charles Town, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Old 84 Lumber Building, 100 Recovery Road, Peach Creek, WV
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM, Marshall County Health Department, 513 6th Street, Moundsville, WV
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Mineral County Fairgrounds, Rt. 28, Fort Ashby, WV
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Mineral County VoTech, 981 Harley O Staggers Drive, Keyser, WV
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Wharncliffe Volunteer Fire Department, Ben Creek Road, Wharncliffe, WV
- 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM, Baisden Volunteer Fire Department, Route 13, Baisden WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Valley Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 355 Fire House Lane, Valley Grove, WV
- 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Warwood Fire Station, Station 9, 1301 Richland Avenue, Wheeling, WV
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Terra Alta EMS, 1124 E. State Ave, Terra Alta, WV
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Mon Health Preston Memorial Hospital, 150 Memorial Drive, Kingwood, WV
- 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Kingwood Volunteer Fire Department, 115 Brown Ave, Kingwood, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Courthouse Hill, 236 Courthouse Drive, Winfield, WV
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Randolph County Health Department Parking Lot, 32 Randolph Avenue, Elkins, WV
- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM, Sistersville Volunteer Fire Department, 121 Maple Avenue, Sistersville, WV
- 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM, Wetzel-Tyler Health Department, 425 S. 4th Avenue, Paden City, WV
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Tyler County Senior Center, 504 Cherry Street, Middlebourne, WV
- 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Wayne County Health Department, 217 Kenova Avenue, Wayne, WV
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Oceana Square, Highway 971, Oceana, WV
- 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM, Southern WV Community and Technical College, 128 College Drive, Saulsville, WV
For more testing locations, including pharmacy testing, please visit https://dhhr.wv.gov/COVID-19/pages/testing.aspx. New sites are added daily.
Media contact: [email protected]