Senate President Cole, AG Morrisey, local legislators to participate
CHARLES TOWN, W.Va. – The West Virginia Business & Industry Council – with partnership from the Eastern Panhandle Business Association, West Virginia Economic Development Council and the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce – will host a regional business forum from 1-4:30 p.m. on Aug. 12 at Hollywood Casino, in Charles Town, West Virginia.
Entitled, Policy & Progress, this forum – the third of six to be held across the state – will feature discussion on the results of the 2015 legislative session and focus conversation on some of the key issues facing the state – tax reform, right to work, legal reform, regional economic development and a forward-looking discussion on the 2016 legislative session.
This event will bring together subject matter experts and policy makers to help move West Virginia forward. Presenters include:
- Senate President Bill Cole
- House Speaker Tim Armstead (invited)
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey
- Legislators from the region
- Steve Christian, Berkeley Co. Development Authority
- John Reisenweber, Jefferson Co. Development Authority
- Bill Clark, Region 9 Planning & Development Council
- Mike Caryl, former WV Tax Commissioner
- Corky DeMarco, WV Oil & Natural Gas Association
- Danielle Swann, Jackson Kelly
The West Virginia Business & Industry Council’s goal is to enhance the business climate in West Virginia, and its members have been working to that end for more than three decades. Visit www.wvbic.org for more information.
For additional information, contact Chris Hamilton at (304) 342-4153.