CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Read Aloud West Virginia is inviting everyone to Read-A-Palooza, the organization’s annual fundraising event, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. on March 7 at Paterno’s at the Park in Charleston!
“Read-A-Palooza features a silent auction, food and beverages, and offers a happy hour feel. It’s an evening for adults to come together in support of the Read Aloud mission. That mission is to keep books in the hands and on the minds of West Virginia’s children,” said Read Aloud’s Lynn Kessler.
To purchase your ticket online: visit http://readaloudwestvirginia.org/ReadaPalooza2016.php — enter the full amount for the tickets you wish to purchase and proceed with the payment process. Please note “Read-A-Palooza 2016” in the description field of the form.
Cost: Tickets are $30 early bird or $35 after February 25, 2016.
To order by phone, call (304) 345-5212 – or – send payment by mail to:
Read Aloud West Virginia
PO Box 1784
Charleston, WV 25326
Corporate sponsorships are also available. Please contact us at the number above or e-mail Kessler at [email protected] to become a Read-A-Palooza sponsor!
Kessler said, “Here’s what we’re doing to change the literacy climate in West Virginia:”
• Training and organizing volunteers to read aloud in more than 200 schools in 29 WV counties.
• Educating families about the well-established benefits of reading aloud in the home.
• Engaging the community in our efforts by partnering with businesses, medical providers, and government agencies.
• Distributing books: over 5,000 in 2015.
• Providing enrichment resources to schools and teachers.
“Read-A-Palooza is a great time with a purpose. We hope to see you there,” Kessler said.