By Sean Manning
The Dominion Post
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — An old advertisement was exposed after demolition of the former Farmers and Merchants building at 446 High St. The painted display, now worn and faded, shows ads for Comuntzis Restaurant, Coca-Cola and the Plaza Hotel — King’s.
Comuntzis Restaurant was a diner opened in 1911 by George Comuntzis at 368 High St. The restaurant served a variety of home-style meals, and was known by locals as “Where dad took his girl.”
According to Michael Mackert, of the Morgantown History Museum, Gibbie’s Pub & Eatery is now located where Comuntzis used to be…