Space is limited. Register Early.
No West Virginia journalist or newsgathering operation—print, broadcast or online—can afford to miss this opportunity.
Four workshops provide key information about:
- Defamation law, avoiding lawsuits and handling complaints
- Privacy considerations for newspeople
- How to use FOIA and other laws to access government
- special legal issues for online and social media
- Avoiding and handling subpoenas
- Robert M. Bastress Jr., John W. Fisher II Professor of Law at WVU College of Law
- Patrick McGinley, Judge Charles H. Haden II Professor of Law at WVU
- Sean McGinley, DiTrapano Barrett DiPiero McGinley & Simmons, PLLC
- Ken Ward Jr., Award-winning reporter for The Charleston Gazette
[iframe class=”alignright” width=”300″ height=”300″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” marginheight=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ src=”https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1511+University+Ave,+Morgantown,+WV+26501&aq=0&oq=1511+University+Ave.+Morgantown+WV+26501&sll=39.76985,-79.779401&sspn=1.410175,2.430725&t=m&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1511+University+Ave,+Morgantown,+West+Virginia+26505&ll=39.635638,-79.954966&spn=0.002479,0.003219&z=17&output=embed”]
- Date: Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, from 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.
- Location: WVU’s Downtown Campus, Martin Hall, 1511 University Ave., Morgantown, WV 26501 View Larger Map
- Cost: $10 per person for WVPA member organizations and WVU students; $15 for all others. (lunch and continental breakfast included)
- Deadline: Noon, Monday, Oct. 21. All registration must be paid in advance. Space is limited.
- Register: Register below or contact WVPA Executive Director Don Smith at [email protected] or 304-342-1011, ext. 160.
[iframe src=”http://www.eventbrite.com/tickets-external?eid=8268163299&ref=etckt&v=2″ frameborder=”0″ height=”306″ width=”100%” vspace=”0″ hspace=”0″ marginheight=”5″ marginwidth=”5″ scrolling=”auto” allowtransparency=”true”]