Latest News, Newspaper Industry News

News and Sentinel seeks photos for Hometown Spirit section

The Parkersburg News and Sentinel

PARKERSBURG, W.Va.  — Two, four, six, eight. Who do we appreciate?

The Parkersburg News and Sentinel will again publish Hometown Spirit, a collection of reader-submitted photographs featuring local cheerleaders, bands, twirlers and competition dance teams from local schools, cheerleading squads, groups and organizations in the Mid-Ohio Valley including Parkersburg, Marietta, Belpre, Williamstown, Vienna, St. Marys, Elizabeth, Harrisville, Spencer, Ripley, Glenville and other towns, and Wood, Washington, Pleasants, Tyler, Jackson, Roane, Gilmer, Doddridge, Wirt and Ritchie counties.

Did we forget anywhere? Send it in and remind us!

Send us color photos with captions for publication in the annual tab that will be in the Nov. 29 edition of The Parkersburg News and Sentinel.

Deadline to submit entries for the 2017 edition will be Nov. 21. All entries are free.

The information to be included with the photographs is:

* The organization.

* The event, if any.

* What the people are doing, if applicable.

* Who is in the photograph. Clearly identify the people in the photo, from left to right. Photos without captions will not be used.

Photos can be be submitted to the Editorial Department by:

* Email to [email protected] Clearly mark in the subject line it is for Hometown Spirit.

* Submitting on the newspaper’s virtual newsroom at by clicking on the Submit News button and following the prompts to put the story in the Press Releases category. Mark in the information box that the photo is for Hometown Spirit.

* Bringing photos with captions to the office at 519 Juliana St. Written submissions must be typed or legibly printed to prevent errors.

* Mail the photos and captions to Hometown Spirit, Parkersburg News and Sentinel, 519 Juliana St., Parkersburg, WV 26101. Written submissions must be typed or legibly printed.

Depending on space available, we will publish what is presented.

For more information, call 304-485-1891 exts. 221, 260 or 282 or call 1-800-642-1997.

See more from The Parkersburg News and Sentinel

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to Our Newsletter