MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — West Virginia University is offering more than 2,000 summer classes—including more than 700 online courses—that will allow students to more quickly earn degrees, get ahead in their majors or add minors to their existing course work.
Summer course schedules are flexible with classes offered in three-, six-, nine- and 12-week increments.
Check the WVU Summer website for information about all courses, including these special offerings:
· ULIB 300: Film and Media Literacy: A fun, 12-week online film course focusing on genres that influenced filmmaker Quentin Tarantino.
· ART 331: Jackson Hole Photography Workshop: Students will travel to Wyoming to learn the art of photography in one of the most beautiful places in the country. This course is open to the general public, but space is limited.
· FCLT 240: The Italian-American Experience: Investigate literary and historical perspectives of Italians in the United States and their contribution to U.S. culture.
· ENGL 499: Community Development in Puerto Rico: Put global service learning into practice by traveling to San Juan, Puerto Rico for a 10-day trip of service work focusing on mangrove reforestation in a wetland preserve.
· SOCA 431: Cybercrime: An on-campus course exploring the legal, social and technical impacts of criminal behavior facilitated through the use of computers and other technologies.
· HORT 293A: Basic Beer Brewing: A course for beer novices and enthusiasts! Learn everything you need to know about beer and beer brewing during this six-week course held at Morgantown Brewing Company.
· RESM 493B: Drones in Natural Resource Management: An intensive three-week course introducing drone system flight operation. The course will be held at the WVU Animal Sciences Farm.
The WVU College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences offers a wide variety of major and minor requirement courses and electives during the summer, as well as physical education classes in a variety of sports. See all the offerings at the Summer at CPASS website.
Summer is also a great opportunity to also enhance a résumé and transcript with study abroad opportunities. WVU Education Abroad provides information about summer international internships, summer exchange programs and other study abroad experiences.
Search the full WVU summer course schedule, and to register for classes. Students may register up through the first day of classes, as long as space remains. Many classes begin May 14.
Follow @WVUToday on Twitter.
See more from WVU Today