By CHRISTOPHER DOWELL
The State Journal
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The West Virginia Chamber of Commerce has planned its vision for the 2018 session of state Legislature.
“Our state has made tremendous progress in recent years, and the West Virginia Legislature is to be recognized and commended for its commitment to building a business climate dedicated to job growth,” Chamber President Steve Roberts said.
While much progress has been made in West Virginia, additional changes are needed to create an environment to attract and keep jobs. The West Virginia Chamber of Commerce will be focused on several broad topics including:
- Education reform and development of the talent pipeline
- Enhanced connectivity for the 21st Century
- Protecting our state’s welcoming and inclusive image
- A comprehensive and responsible approach to the opioid addiction crisis
- Modernization of West Virginia’s tax structure
See more from The State Journal