Jury finds man found not guilty in Marmet slaying

Charleston Daily Mail by Sam Owens Miguel Quinones during his trial in Kanawha Circuit Court last week. Quinones was found not guilty on Monday in the murder of Kareem Hunter.
Charleston Daily Mail by Sam Owens Miguel Quinones during his trial in Kanawha Circuit Court last week. Quinones was found not guilty on Monday in the murder of Kareem Hunter.
Charleston Daily Mail by Sam Owens
Miguel Quinones during his trial in Kanawha Circuit Court last week. Quinones was found not guilty on Monday in the murder of Kareem Hunter.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The courtroom stayed quiet Monday after a judge announced that Miguel Quinones had been found not guilty of first-degree murder.

“I think everyone was just in shock,” said Linda Hunter. Her son, Kareem Hunter, 28, died after being beaten in a Marmet apartment.

Quinones, 37, remained calm after hearing he had been acquitted of Hunter’s murder, said his lawyer, Robert Dunlap.

“In private, he was so moved. He couldn’t even articulate,” Dunlap said.

 Quinones, who has always maintained his innocence, had spent the last 2 1/2 years behind bars awaiting trial for Hunter’s murder. By 4:30 p.m. Monday, he had been released from South Central Regional Jail.

Police believed Quinones was the main force behind Hunter’s killing. Prosecutors never offered him a deal, as they did his two co-defendants, Deveron Patterson and Kelsey Legg.

During Quinones’ trial, his lawyer told jurors that Patterson and Legg had placed the blame on his client so they would receive lighter sentences…

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts