1. 2016 RACE DEVOLVES INTO UGLY FIGHT OVER TREATMENT OF WOMEN
As Trump’s campaign prepares to relitigate the marital affairs of the Clintons, their boss is hamstrung by new allegations he groped and sexually assaulted at least three women.
3. GERMAN BOMB PLOT SUSPECT KILLS SELF IN JAIL CELL
The 22-year-old Syrian man suspected of planning an Islamic extremist bombing attack strangled himself by tying his shirt to the bars of his prison cell, German officials say.
4. BERMUDA BRACES FOR HURRICANE NICOLE
The tiny island in the northern Atlantic Ocean hunkers down as the “extremely dangerous” Category 4 storm takes aim.
5. ‘EVERY HOUR IT’S WORSE’
Residents in Greenville and other North Carolina cities are keeping watch on floodwaters that are slowly approaching houses as rivers crest.
6. TWO BOSTON COPS CRITICAL AFTER SHOOTING
A man wearing body armor and armed with an assault rifle shot the officers, who were responding to a report of a domestic disturbance in East Boston.
7. IRAN HARD-LINERS: THIS IS WHAT AMERICA IS REALLY LIKE
Tehran seems happy to let Iranians watch the backstabbing, deceitful machinations of fictional U.S. politician Frank Underwood in “House of Cards.”
8. WHAT GAMING IS FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND IN US
New Jersey permits skill-based slot machines on casino floors in which payout is determined by the player’s ability.
9. WHO IS SLATED TO PLAY PRINCE BENEFIT
Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera and Chaka Khan are among the featured performers who will pay tribute to the late pop star at a Minnesota concert.
10. A HAT TRICK WASN’T ENOUGH
Toronto Maple Leafs rookie Auston Matthews scored a record four goals in his first NHL game.