1. SNIPERS OPEN FIRE ON POLICE OFFICERS IN DALLAS, KILLING FIVE OFFICERS AND INJURING SIX
Three people are in custody and a fourth suspect is exchanging gunfire with officers at a garage downtown.
3. PROTESTERS GATHER FOR THIRD NIGHT AT LOUISIANA STORE WHERE BLACK MAN SHOT TO DEATH
Emotions were stoked by another fatal police shooting of a black man, Philando Castillo, in Minnesota.
4. REPUBLICANS TO PRESS FBI TO LAUNCH INVESTIGATION INTO WHETHER CLINTON LIED DURING BENGHAZI TESTIMONY
Lawmakers may take a look at Clinton’s testimony that she never sent or received emails marked as classified when she served as secretary of state.
5. WHERE TRUMP IS HEADED TO WOO HISPANICS AFTER HEATED DAY ON CAPITOL HILL
Trump plans to deliver a speech in Miami-Dade County, home to the largest Cuban-American population in the U.S.
6. OBAMA TO HUDDLE WITH EUROPEAN UNION LEADERS OVER BREXIT
At a meeting opening a NATO summit, Obama plans to urge the leaders to step carefully into the Britain-EU exit negotiations.
7. DEATH TOLL FROM ATTACK ON SHIITE SHRINE NORTH OF BAGHDAD RISES TO 37 WITH 62 WOUNDED
The assault fueled anger at the Iraqi government’s security failings, coming less than a week after a bombing in Baghdad killed at least 186.
8. VENEZUELAN PRESIDENT NICOLAS MADURO TALKS ABOUT SHUTTING THE OPPOSITION-CONTROLLED LEGISLATURE
Maduro seems willing to take the risks of domestic anger and international condemnation that would be associated with closing congress.
9. SOUTH KOREA, US NEAR AGREEMENT ON SITE FOR US MISSILE DEFENSE
The announcement will raise strong objections in Beijing, Moscow and Pyongyang.
10. ASTRONOMERS REVEAL DISCOVERY OF STRANGE NEW WORLD
The planet in the Constellation Centaurus that has not one, not two, but three suns.